W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital - medical leave ran out | Glassdoor

"medical leave ran out"

Former Employee - Operations Agent in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Operations Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

average wages, great co workers

Cons

I had a stroke and my medical leave ran out. I was let go...

Other Employee Reviews for W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

"This company will succeed in spite of itself..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, Technology-based, boutique-sized, centralized operations, seasoned operations team, direct agency lender, advanced marketing portal technology, energy-efficient lender, solar-power seller

Cons

Sales drives the bus, management on short leash with branch sales, company does not respect its own HR/Performance Improvement policies, no visible company-supported incentive programs, not well-experienced with 'wet' mortgage closings, questionable compensation practices, under-valued training department

Advice to Management

Pick a plan and stick to it! Don't sell out profitability for notoriety.

"Find a real company to work at... not this blast from the past."

Current Employee - Underwriter in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and bonuses, if you are smart enough - you can get better bonuses for doing less work.

Cons

Management is clueless, "too many cooks in the kitchen", no room for growth, terrible benefits (I actually think it costs a lot more for benefits here than if you found a benefits provider outside of the company), no 401k match, not family friendly at all. There are so many better places to work, don't get involved in this nightmare. I'm on my way out now.

They promised new branches 8-16 hour turn times, within 2 months they were at 80+ turntimes and trying to move loans around the queue to keep branches thinking their turntimes were low.

They allow you to cherry pick the good loans(they dont actually tell you to, but they ignore if you do and the technology is so far behind they can't stop you)... you just have to play the game. So if you are smart, you can grab all of the easy loans and have some cakewalk bonuses. If you do less during the week, you can make more on the weekends because they will get even more behind... sad but true.

The company is still using paper, when almost every other mortgage company is paperless... it's almost like you fell asleep and woke up in 1998... that's how far behind this company is in terms of technology and the process.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring inexperienced people and playing favorites all the time. No one likes the management here, except the management themselves. If you could be a fly on the wall in this place, wow.