W.L. Gore - I enjoyed working for W.L. Gore, and would not hesitate to work there again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for W.L. Gore

"I enjoyed working for W.L. Gore, and would not hesitate to work there again."

Former Intern - R&D Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ
Former Intern - R&D Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at W.L. Gore as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very great culture of the company, and the city has a fun lifestyle. Management seemed to have strong emphasis and support for R&D projects. They have a very strong internship program, which prepares students well for employment after graduation.

Cons

Main campus of the companies medical division is located in a smaller city, and so getting used to the area was difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for W.L. Gore

"I'd rather be a fisherman near Chernobyl"

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Research Scientist in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at W.L. Gore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*good life/work balance
    *freedom is nice but definition is ambiguous so it can be used against you at a later time

Cons

*leadership is inept and treats the company like it is their own personal country club (smoking jackets and cognac included)
    *HR is leadership's secret police
    *culture is a hoax designed to placate the masses but ultimately used a tool to maintain ignorance
    *compensation process is an enigma, at best
    *no innovation because the company fears it, therefore the same ideas/projects continue to circulate every few years... never coming to fruition
    *your told: "its a privilege to work here"

Advice to Management

advice is pointless, because the response is: "If you don't like it... leave"

"Leaders are incompetent"

Current Employee - W L Gore Associate in Elkton, MD
    Current Employee - W L Gore Associate in Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

W.L. Gore is a good company.The associates are friendly the work schedule is flexible and the retirement is good.

Cons

It is getting harder to work as a team when we have leadership that has their go to people aka favorites. This is causing hostility and resentment between the associates.It is very hard to speak up when the leaders and sponsors tend to stick together this includes HR. The one on one approach is more like one and all. I'm seeing in my area more and more associates are staying to their self.

Advice to Management

Leaders should be rank by the floor associates this could cut down the favoritism. The gore survey in the leadership area does not seem to be working.