W.W. Grainger - Solid company pros outweigh the cons | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

"Solid company pros outweigh the cons"

Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Lake Forest, IL
Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Lake Forest, IL

Pros

Great name recognition. Clear sales approach when handling Government customers. Well engrained within the business. Great profit sharing plans and health benefits.

Cons

Sales support is an issue. The new compensation plan is very confusing (purposely maybe?) I have noticed that the compensation plans are better elsewhere.

Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger

1. "Great place to work, unless you want to progress quickly"

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

good compensation, great benefits, fun people to work with, very philanthropic within the community, very customer oriented, tuition reimbursement, FORTUNE 500 COMPANY with lots of brand recognition.

Cons

Not recognized for individual accomplishments and contributions enough, some supervisors and managers can be "Glory Hounds" and "Steal your Thunder"

Hard to advance without having to relocate, due to the fact that things stay very stagnant and opportunities to move up within any one market rarely occur.

Advice to Management

Try some occupational therapy with your employees...... Maybe then you'll be able to start filling open roles with the employees that are a good fit for them

"Too many cliques"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Pros

Granger has great people, terrific benefits, a beautiful office (if you are at the corporate office), great training programs, and a good work/balance

Cons

I enjoyed working at the Grainger office but there were so many cliques. I felt forced to try to make and build relationships with people I didn't want to. To some, this would be ok, but it's really all about who you know which was a terrible fit for me. I ran for the hills!