W.W. Grainger - Goals, expectations, requirements are all too high. Pay way too low for the desired results. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

"Goals, expectations, requirements are all too high. Pay way too low for the desired results."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in North Salt Lake, UT
Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PST. Work phone for personal use. a highly watched (telematics) car for some personal use.

Cons

We're not AM's, we're TSR's and are paid accordingly, which is very weak. They expect us to be strategic with over 350 accounts, while seeing at least 15 per day, all while working on the previous 15 calls the day before. It's impossible. They think there's 48 hours in one day, which is the amount of time you need to stay caught up. It's always more, more, more for less. They say the commission is "uncapped", but theres a locked down, padlock cap on it! If you're lucky enough to have a low goal one month (which rarely you are lucky at all here) and do well, they'll get that money back next half when they realize you've made too much and increase your goals so you hit under the 75% threshold. Micromanagement from imcompitant managers. Pointless early morning rally's. Ride a long days with your boss are the worst/most annoying pointless thing. Talks to us like we're 19 year olds fresh out of high school and thinks we make that of an AM. Combination for failure and high turnover. There's been 100% turnover in the 1.5 years I've been here, including a new manager. My advise, don't even consider a TSR role.

Advice to Management

Lower the goals, find compitant managers and increase the salary to at least become competeive. Also lowering the 60% margins on the items you're trying to screw the customers with.

Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger

"Benefits Dont pay the Bills"

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Organized and lots of product catagories.

Cons

Too big. Its very hard to get things done. You have to call 6 people to just get help on any customer issues.

Advice to Management

Tough to sell when all customers hate us.

"Great Company"

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Commission Plan
    Great Benefits
    Profit Sharing
    Investment in Program

Cons

Constant oversite
    Must follow their Sales guideline
    Constant Change

Advice to Management

There is a constant eye on you even when you are hitting your numbers. Trust your reps and let them sell.