W.W. Grainger - Horrible! | Glassdoor

"Horrible!"

Current Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, Jim Ryan is awesome, more opportunities at the Corporate Level than any other business units.

Cons

Analyst as managers. Lack managerial experience. Good "old boys" club. pay sucks. They pay their team member below the market requirements!

Advice to Management

Trust your line level leadership. They are in the process just as much as the team members.

Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger

"Oh The times they are a changing"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, good pay Vs. the competition.

Cons

They are finding ways to weed out the more tenured employees so that they can hire fresh out of college lesser paid employees and show more profitability to their share holders. More focus on bringing in products from overseas rather than supporting products made in the U.S. made by our own customers. Major cut backs in the branch staff resulting in longer lines for customers at the counters. Hiring new people at lower wages that do not have industry knowledge. Extremely unreasonable sales goals 25%-35% over PY) for Sales team members during a major recession.

Advice to Management

Too many operations and analytical people and not enough hands-on customer service people. It used to not be this way. Grainger needs to get back to hiring people experienced in the MRO and industrial supplies industry.

"Equal opportunity"

Former Employee - CSA in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - CSA in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at W.W. Grainger part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay. Even with a GED you can work here. Great place if you are looking for a part time job.

Cons

No real opportunity for growth. What they say at hire is a total lie. Company will never have your back, high chance of getting fire.

Advice to Management

You need to find better managers. There is not really a fare OPPORTUNITIES for GROWTH. Some of us have been here for over 10 years and is still a part timer. A lot of back stabbing and micromanagement. Mangers need people skill. Only reason I come into work now is because of my pst, if for not that I would have quit already.