W.W. Grainger - A once stellar company that cared about it's employees and customers, is now just greedy and arrogant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

"A once stellar company that cared about it's employees and customers, is now just greedy and arrogant."

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits package, can work remotely.

Cons

Goal expectations---difficult to overcome and make real money. Income is essentially capped with unrealistic goals. Disparity of goal incremental from one employee to the next. Favoritism, good ole boy network for both men and women. Perception is everything, or you'll never get anywhere in this company. Upper management all the same---and that's not a complement. Old School Grainger people (lot of women), leaving or being forced out in droves for the younger, cheaper, straight out of school churn and burns. Lowest pay grade in the industry for compensations and bonuses. For the record, I'm one of the few that have made goal several years in a row, at the expense of my family. Looking to get out.

Advice to Management

Sales people understand that they're a $$$ sign, but at least treat us with some respect. Stop with the micro-managing and the ridiculous goals. Grainger's idea of inclusion and diversity is a joke. Try being white, and over 50. You're losing first rate people for the almighty dollar, and ironically, it will cost you more in the end.

Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger

1. "I don't hate going to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at W.W. Grainger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to go to work, can get busy and hectic but it's pretty much a good time

Cons

Can get busy and mostly frustrating.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in the work flow and understand the day to day of the company

"Terrible Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The profit sharing is healthy. .

Cons

Micro Management. Working Nights and weekends to keep up with requirements. Highly political. No advancement. No resource support. Outrageous expectations. Top Management is out of touch and is looking to get rid of anyone that is now "making too much." This used to be a good company bu it's really gone down hill. I'm looking to get out.

Advice to Management

You militant adherence to making your people drones by virtue of micro management and administrative, in addition to wage caps, and sneaky tactics is hurting the company. Talented people are leaving in droves.