WCG - disorganized & confusing place to work, especially for career starters | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WCG

"disorganized & confusing place to work, especially for career starters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at WCG full-time

Pros

-lots of talent, hardworking employees
-option to work from home at times
-sabbatical after 5 years
-fun perks

Cons

- no training
- unhappy employees
- lots of unfinished projects
- high stress environment
- always have to be on call, no work life balance
-lack of direction
-terrible office politics
-will favor those related to clients

WCG Response

Jun 12, 2014 – HR Team

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your team members, the option to work from home, and the fun office perks. Through our W2O University initiative, we are building a culture focused on learning ... More

Other Employee Reviews for WCG

"Most innovative digital and social marketing and analytics agency out there"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Analytics in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Analytics in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too many to name here but I'll try.
    Most innovative and fast moving company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. Risk taking is rewarded generously and moving fast is the only way to survive here. Management is forward thinking about the future of marketing and if you work in digital or social marketing or analytics there is no better place to be. The client list is stacked and I worked with numerous Fortune 50 companies in my time at WCG. The culture is unmatched - I had so much fun working there and I have never had smarter, more hard working peers.

Additional Pros
    Good Bonuses
    Market Salary
    Travel
    Lots of responsibility early
    Excellent career path
    FUN FUN FUN

Cons

None - you might have to work after hours sometimes to finish up client projects but that is the nature of agency life - but if you love your job as much as I did working after hours is no big deal

Advice to Management

Nothing keep up the amazing work!

2. "Great Experience-Solid Company-Absolutely No Regrets"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at WCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's all about the people. I know and worked very closely with many of the "leaders" of my time. As someone that worked in a support role/department, I can honestly say without a doubt that the company's philosophy is to attract and retain the very best people in the industry (in all areas). They target the strong and usually go above and beyond what everyone else is doing to take care of the ones they truly believe in. I believe that their success is primarily driven by having some of the best people in class.

Cons

Often chaotic. Constant reorganizations (which has it's pros & cons). Needs stronger mid-senior level leaders in the areas of Operations and Infrastructure. Less talk more action at the top.

Advice to Management

More leadership coaching. With the appropriate coaching, I think the leaders at this company can totally dominate the space as a unit.