WD Partners - Stay Away | Glassdoor

"Stay Away"

in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners for less than a year

Pros

Some of the most talented environmental designers I've seen. Nice creative space. Very casual environment.

Cons

Typically, I do NOT write many reviews. However, my employment experience was so disappointing I felt obligated to share my thoughts to help others avoid the same mistake I made working here. My list of CONS. -Often times people are hired and placed into roles which they did not apply for making it difficult to succeed. -Creative structure basically doesn't exist making it extremely disorganized and confusing.... -Ownership and upper management vision do not align causing frequent change and lack of direction. -Constant turnover of talented people. -Poor company reputation throughout the Columbus market makes it very challenging to hire local talent. As a result, most creative recruiting happens out-of-town. -Be aware of a few particular upper management folks on staff. These people will to do anything necessary to succeed personal gain within the company (their reputation is very well-known). –The in-store shopping experience is quickly dying making the company nervous in regards to staying relevant in today's marketplace. (Majority of shopping is done online today creating less demand for environmental design opportunities.)

Advice to Management

Ownership: Trust and respect the advice from the experienced people you hire. Understand these people can bring a fresh perspective on how other successful companies have prospered and retain talented staff members. Consider conducting exit interviews. Don't ignore their input. Rid your company from the upper management folks seeking power and personal gain. You are losing many talented people as a result not to... mention the recruitment damage they are causing.

WD Partners2016-05-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and people. Loved working there but needed something else

Cons

nothing really except no career progression

WD Partners2018-04-23
  2. "Good People - Too many yes’ w/o the resources"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teams, great people with a comfortable office culture.

Cons

More work is taken on or agreed to than there are resources for which lead to an incredible amount of persistent overtime. There is a lot of what appears to be say yes now and figure it out later.

Advice to Management

Check in with the teams managing and developing the product more often. See where resources are more critical to maintain a better balance with less burn out.

WD Partners2019-02-26

Discover more reviews about WD Partners.