WE Communications - A wonderful jumping-off point and learning opportunity for junior level employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WE Communications

"A wonderful jumping-off point and learning opportunity for junior level employees"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator
Former Employee - Account Coordinator

Pros

As a junior-level employee Waggener Edstrom is a great place to begin a career and gain experience and knowledge under some of the brightest minds in PR. The growth and learning opportunities were easily accessible and encouraged and the feedback I received from higher-ups while I was there have helped shape me into the better PR professional that I am today.

Cons

One of the strongest downsides of working at WE is the amount of red tape and process that everything requires. But, of course, that is something to be expected in such a large organization with offices all over the world.

Advice to Management

I think the senior management at WE is doing a great job leading the company. I'm sure they're already working at this 110%, but I would strongly encourage trying to win the business of more diverse clients. I realize that Microsoft is the bread and butter of the organization, but there is so much more to the agency than what they're doing with Microsoft and honestly, I'm not confident in Microsoft's ability to stay relevant in the tech industry.

Other Employee Reviews for WE Communications

1. "A good place to work if you're starting out"

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

Pros

Global company, good place for folks just entering the job force.

Cons

Many of the folks on the Sr. Leadership team have not worked anywhere else - they grew up at Waggener. This makes it difficult to change and embrace innovation - which is something they think they do a good job of.

Advice to Management

Diversify! You have to have more than PR to be successful.

2. "Account Manager"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

- Medical and Dental
    - Work from Home opportunities

Cons

- long hours
    - not much support from senior leads