WESCO International - They promise a lot, expect a lot, but aren't willing to provide a lot. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WESCO International

"They promise a lot, expect a lot, but aren't willing to provide a lot."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Growing company that has done well at diversifying itself. Nice co-workers. Taking steps to improve the work environment. Will soon have many employees retiring, which means lots of opportunity for younger employees to advance.

Cons

Poor leadership in the operations end, especially in the legacy branches. Resistant to invest in I.T. improvement, and when they do, they do a poor job of implementing. Very limited training and development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Stop living in a bubble and go and see first-hand some of the real-world challenges your employees are facing. Invest in technology improvements. Set clearer expectations, roles and responsibilities, and policies.

Keep improving / investing in H.R. functions.

Other Employee Reviews for WESCO International

1. "Wesco is a well organized company with great professional individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Pros

Co-workers are probably the best reasons i would say to work at Wesco

Cons

I bgelieve Wesco should give more cost of living raises in aspect to todays economy

"very satisfying!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Driver in Pascagoula, MS
    Former Employee - Driver in Pascagoula, MS

Pros

They are very flexible and will give you time off when needed. Also, I might add, they have very good benefits to serve you and your family. cheap insurance but very good

Cons

paid every two weeks I think should be revert back to every week especially during times like these when the economy is still recovering. two weeks is okay, but there is a good chance u could be dam near broke after paying all the bills and putting gas in your car to get to and from work. on that blank week you may have to go to a check cashing establishment to get money til next pay day. It's very hard on people who don't get paid much $10.00hr compared to people who get paid good$14.00$-16.00. people who get paid a lot can maybe afford to survive 2 weeks but for people who get paid a little it can be a struggle if they don't manage well. And this is after taxes I'm talking about. And lastly, the bonuses I didn't see within the company I think is pitiful. All this money is being made and people working very hard yet, no end of year compensation. I guess when you are the CEO you only look out after your own people at the top.........

Advice to Management

Hear the people working within your company. Have some heart