WESCO International - So So company | Glassdoor

"So So company"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at WESCO International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

World wide branches...decent benefit package...leader in the electrical industry.

Cons

Below average salary for industry to go along with no annual review for merit raises...not enough uniformity across the board. Even though customers drive your business WESCO allows customers to dictate how they do business.

Advice to Management

Regional and district managers should make more regular trips the branches they are in charge of. If there is one thing I learned during my 14 years in the Marine Corps it is that people like to see the C.O. It gives them a feeling that they care about what is happening. I have seen my Regional Manager once in the last year. There are only 7 branches in my region.

Other Employee Reviews for WESCO International

1. "Great Culture HQ - Lacking some in Technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at WESCO International full-time

Pros

The people are great to work with, from the global account managers, down to the individual branches - WESCO deeply cares for employees, and their well-being. There are a lot of really intelligent and passionate people working here that make the job exciting and fulfilling. The employee benefits are slightly better than some other organizations - but I wouldn't say they're awesome. Management is in general very accessible, and there seems to be plenty of job openings popping up all the time.

Cons

The fact that branches are independent of the central organization makes for a very complicated business model. With all the acquisitions as well, and high turnover rates at the branches - it can be difficult to manage customer expectations from the central HQ. Branches also don't work together as much as they should (even though they're supposed to), and it seems like we are constantly at odds internally because of the independence of the branches to charge other branches and divisions within WESCO to share products between them.

Advice to Management

Make branches share products within the organization just like they do with the distribution centers. Branches should not be trying to make a profit off another when we're all on the same team.

"Global Account Mgr."

Current Employee - Global Accounts Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Global Accounts Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at WESCO International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited growth based on performance

Cons

consistent sales pressure to increase in an acct mgr role.