WEST - One of the most creative and open minded environments within San Francisco. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WEST

"One of the most creative and open minded environments within San Francisco."

Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WEST as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone within the West Community is welcoming, the food is catered on a daily basis, and the location is beautiful.

Cons

If you are on the younger side such as myself being 22 you will be the youngest to work within the company by nearly 10 years or so.

Advice to Management

I think they did an excellent job in terms of managing me, no advice needed from me.

Other Employee Reviews for WEST

"Good money, easy job, horrible management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Spokane, WA

I worked at WEST full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly good pay for an unskilled job, decent benefits, guaranteed 40 hours, nice building.

Cons

Extremely belittling and demeaning management, no room for advancement or promotion. Management views Tier 1 employees as disposable. Downtown location has to pay Diamonds ridiculous parking rates.

Advice to Management

Give team leads classes on constructive criticism, otherwise they will belittle their team members when going over QA's.

Begin valuing your employees more. Granted, in this economy if someone screws up, there are 25 people waiting to take their place, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to train less often and have a higher employee retention?

Offer a discounted parking pass to employees.

2. "Mired in rules."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at WEST full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a generous incentive program and overtime is guaranteed. It is very easy to work more than 40 hrs/week and rack up the overtime.

Cons

Very easy to get fired for almost any infraction of the rules which are very strict.

Advice to Management

Clearly post the rules with examples of unacceptable and acceptable behavior. Consider improving the look and feel of the facilities as working in such a bare bones environment doesn't boost morale and improve attitudes.