WIL Research Laboratories - Good experience for a chemist straight from college, but the stress may eventually force you to flee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WIL Research Laboratories

"Good experience for a chemist straight from college, but the stress may eventually force you to flee."

Former Employee - Chemist II in Ashland, OH
Former Employee - Chemist II in Ashland, OH

I worked at WIL Research Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The location in a small college town is pretty nice. The analytical chemistry lab is newer, well-organized and has good instrumentation.

Cons

The stress level at this company is disproportionately higher than any other job I've had. The employees are forced to cycle between too much overtime to meet impossible deadlines and no overtime with cutbacks of hours. So much stress.

Other Employee Reviews for WIL Research Laboratories

"Run far far away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

I worked at WIL Research Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of different people, book fairs, silly little contests, really good benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and sick/personal time)

Cons

Too much overtime, management that doesn't know the first thing about managing others, poor pay. Hire tons of people in time need, then lay off the ones making the most money. You are expected to be a warm-bodied robot, and to have no feelings or opinions.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes and maybe a pay cut.

2. "Its a great hands on exp to be with and around various types of animals, everyday.."

Current Employee - Animal Husbandry in Ashland, OH
    Current Employee - Animal Husbandry in Ashland, OH

Pros

The animals are what really make my job fun. And you do not need anymore than a High School Diploma to get into this department and the pay is still really good! Benefits re amazing medical dental eye insurances, Vacation and Sick time after 90 days. And a 401K plan.

Cons

Really Dirty work, unfair management. Hard to work with other people, Not enough pay to even put up with half the crap you do...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees problems too, we ma be under you. But we are your workers and we just want to be treated with the same respect as we give to you...