WMS Industries - This company is going places.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WMS Industries

"This company is going places.."

Pros

Great work space, cool people, very cool products. WMS is on the cutting edge of the casino gaming industry and the people who work there are zealots about putting out innovative games.

Cons

In my opinion, the pay is a little low. WMS is making LOTS of money and I'm not seeing that trickle down to some of the folks in the trenches who are actually making the games. I think that the bonuses are pretty weak as well. It's pretty apparent that the sales people and those in Game Dev are the favored children.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think the management teams are doing a fairly decent job. I would like to see some of the red tape and politics shaved down a bit. Also, the aforementioned, sharing of the wealth would be nice change of pace. It's a great place to work though and by and large I think the managers are good people.

Other Employee Reviews for WMS Industries

1. "review"

Pros

Very talented and hard working employees. Lot's of creative development and desire to make great products. Nice facilities and on site amenities.

Cons

Lots of focus on post-merger integration, consolidation, and cost reduction. Following recent merger each division has different ways of doing things and it takes time to align processes.

2. "Consultants in HR.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

No Pros at all. WMS is not what it looks like outside. It could do lot better with right Management.

Cons

Consultants in HR only look for whats best for them.
    Had to fight to move my resume forward. (Discrimination)
    HR was not even aware of e-verify. Got e-Verified recently.
    Old Habits die hard. WMS need a change in HR.
    No Growth. In other words "to go to many lengths to look impressive, good, and worthy towards another person".

Advice to Management

With the acquisition. New start... now its time to do an overhaul in HR and WMS. Old habits die Hard.