WNBA - My experience was informative, fun, and rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WNBA

"My experience was informative, fun, and rewarding."

Former Employee - Player
Former Employee - Player

Pros

Some of the best reasons is the people. The relationships I have established throughout my career with WNBA are lifelong and will continue to help me achieve success in my next career.

Cons

The downsides are few. But one is the turnover. The stress of what have you done for me lately. And most of all is the travel.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to establish some type of program to help in players transition once they retire. Currently there are no programs to help or benefit retired players.

Other Employee Reviews for WNBA

1. "Good place to start, needs improvement to succeed"

Pros

Good work life balance, flexible PTO, laid back atmosphere

Cons

career progression is cloudy, confusion among senior management team, poor communication to employees

Advice to Management

Reward tenured employees, find better incentives to keep employees around (not necessarily financial)

2. "Sales Consultant."

I worked at WNBA full-time

Pros

There were no pros. This job was terrible. I worked for the Dallas Wings. Everything about it was bad. Terrible management.

Cons

The WNBA isn't a priority in any way for the NBA. We had terrible management that was fired within 3 months of their selection. They held commission from the salespeople for months, claiming that they were "still working on it." Hours are terrible. Sports sales is a huge scam.

Advice to Management

Stop preying on college kids and acting like these jobs are doors to bigger opportunities in sports. You're just a run of the mill salesperson. Be up front about that. Also, don't withhold commission and expect people to survive on terrible salaries.