- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Great place to work, great benefits, great career advancement!Aug 28, 2022 - Account Executive in Omaha, NERecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work life balance, career development, amazing culture, and winning teams!
WP Engine, really has little to no cons!Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 2, 2022 - UX ResearcherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- I work with people who, like me, like their jobs and actually want to be here most days. - Leadership (Product & Engineering and C-suite) for the most part are transparent and care deeply about the work we're doing. - My voice is heard and my work makes an impact. - As a mid-level role I still get to participate in things like product strategy, which seems very early in the career ladder. - My manager is fantastic. I get a good balance of support and independence. -Intern program that any employee (at least in P&E) can get involved in. - Programming - presentations, events, panels, and really fun videos .
- Growing pains due to acquisitions, strategy shifts, and fast hiring pace. So far, these are not things I would leave my job over.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 9, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist L2RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits and a decent brand to put on a resume. The people are nice.
Support Management will treat you like a dog. Nothing you do will ever be good enough they will always demand more. All of support staff are overworked and management doesn’t care and will not do anything to make things better. You are not allowed to use the restroom. If you spend even 5 min not constantly accepting 3 chats you can expect to hear about it from your manager. Management knows that the job has a lot of burnout, they are significantly understaffed from people quitting constantly, and people are spread too thin. They simply do not care. You are less than human at this company. Managers constantly push efficiency and say we aren’t working hard enough as we have less and less people every day doing more and more work. As the work quota constantly increases for every employee, they are even stricter about cancelling breaks. You are regularly expected to wait hours for a break or to use the restroom. If you are in the restroom for more than 5 min you can expect to hear about it from a manager. You will be in multiple chats constantly every day, and if you need a break or a moment to take a breath or get a glass of water they just encourage you to keep working instead. You are treated like an animal and not a human while working in supportContinue reading
We’re very sorry to hear your experience at WP Engine has been so stressful. We care deeply about our support team and work to ensure everyone feels supported, but recognize there’s always room to improve and grow. If you are still with WP Engine, we highly encourage you to reach out to your leadership team or EE. We have a culture that includes an open door leadership philosophy and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns.