WTS International - Great part-time job | Glassdoor

"Great part-time job"

Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY
Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working the spa desk at one of the NYC higher end hotels. Overall, the clients were great. Of course a few were high strung but you get that with any job dealing with the public. I got to use the fitness facilities on my days off. Received discounts on the skincare products that the spa sold. For a PT gig I appreciated the higher salary at the time and that it wasn't a high stress environment.

Cons

Can't really say there we any for myself directly. My challenges had to do with my own work/life balance. This was my 2nd PT in addition to holding down a FT job. So my hours on the weekend were 1-8PM. So I was working seven days a week. Again not their fault.

However, one of my co-workers who worked for the company for sometime. She was a more senior Front Desk attendant. After working at this location for years and going to school for hospitality, she wanted to be considered for a management position, but felt that she was overlooked. Which was unfortunate because she certainly acted as a Manager on Duty when the Spa Director wasn't available and was given a lot of responsibilities by the Director.

Other Employee Reviews for WTS International

"Professional and Fair"

Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WTS has a solid infrastructure for support of the people they hire out in the properties. They have grown over the years and management up scale properties. The upper management is hands on and supportive.

Cons

I can't think of any con's .

Advice to Management

continue being the best in the industry.

"Unacceptable and you deserve better."

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount on spa services. Get to eat in the Trump employee dining room.

Cons

If you enjoy an unorganized system of management, cross your fingers marketing plans and questionable financial dealings then this company is for you. There is barely any training for new employees and mostly they just make you figure out how to do your job on your own. Just wing it is a favorite training method. Then they are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you if you make a mistake. That is if you haven't left screaming yet. Because many people do. There is a revolving door of employees that never seems to stop going around. Which of course means being short staffed almost every shift. Or else having a very inexperienced staff, which sometimes is worse. The standards that once existed are rarely followed or taught. There is no team work, not even a sense of team. The front desk is pitted against therapists in terms of sales. Management is addicted to discounting, as they seem to believe this the only form of marketing in existence. Which contributes to the randomness of appointments. Don't get your hopes too high up for full time status, benefits or hiring up from within.

Then there is the fact that you are not really an employee of the place you are working. But still have to deal with much of the crazy mess that is Trump Hotel. The employee parking lot is a nightmare on your car with broken asphalt everywhere. And good luck finding a parking spot, you're better off parking at the mall across the street. Human Resources is not located anywhere near the property location Nevada vs Maryland, so help or guidance is difficult to get. There is very little appreciation given for a job well done and very little care for employee and guest safety and well being.

Advice to Management

Remember it is an experience being sold not just a treatment. You do a great disservice to the guest when you tell them to be there 5-15 minutes before appointment. Which means they are rushed into their robe and sandals and onto the table. Where is the time to relax? People come to us with a desire to be taken care of. Tell them to arrive 30 minutes prior so they can use the steam or sauna and then shower. It makes a world of difference. Do a google search of employees before hiring them. You'd be surprised what comes up on google that background checks fail to report. Discounting is the lowest form of marketing. Try something else.