WW&R - Sometimes, Your Job Is As Good As You Make It...and Mine Is Good! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WW&R

"Sometimes, Your Job Is As Good As You Make It...and Mine Is Good!"

I have been working at WW&R full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On day 1 - you start with over two weeks of Paid Time Off - seriously! I work in a highly-skilled role within the firm, so I get paid fair market value for my service. Those who knowingly choose to take an hourly position should know what they're getting. I think the firm places appropriate value on work based on the responsibility of the function, so no, the hourly positions don't make as much money as the salaried executives, nor should they.

Furthermore, this firm has one of the BEST training programs around, so people have the opportunity the VASTLY improve themselves professionally AT NO COST - WWRUniversity is unlike any other training program I've seen (not sure how anyone could fault the training opportunities here).

Good work is genuinely rewarded with recognition (although it would be nice if they would promote from within more often - some recent top executive hires from outside the firm have me scratching my head). Lastly, I have recommended this firm to my friends (one of them was eventually hired), because it's a great place to work if you're a REAL professional and behave like a professional. But it's not easy work, and if you HAVE to know what you're getting into or you're going to have a false impression of what your work life will be.

Cons

There have been a few staff adjustments this year, which is never easy for anyone. Also, if you are comfortable working for lawyers (those crazy creatures with really funny personalities) then don't bother doing it. They aren't always easy to work for, and I laugh whenever I hear people express shock about what it's like to work for attorneys - if you can't stand the heat, don't walk into the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Stop pandering to the lowest common denominator when you recruit and hire employees. If you want loyalty, promote a culture that embraces loyalty. Stop hiring the village idiots and invest some time and money in GOOD people.

Other Employee Reviews for WW&R

"Great learning experience of what no one should endure."

I worked at WW&R full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good medical, vision, and 401K Benefits, Ok pay and never a dull moment due to the work load. The newly more relaxed dress codes a plus.

Cons

Terrible, terrible upper management staff! They tend to be rude, out of touch, condescending and unrealistic. It is so unfortunate because things will never change! The new TV show "Toxic Workplace" should contact WWR immediately in order to make changes there.

Advice to Management

Retire and start over with new managers.

"Get out while the getting is good"

Former Employee - Legal Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Legal Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at WW&R full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

coworkers keep you going, the war-buddy mentality

Cons

terrible management! Scott Weltman came to visit our office and went on about his Hawaii vacation, no bonus for us, no raise, pay for alot of your crappy healthcare,

Advice to Management

get rid of management.