Wabtec - Don't bother applying, considering, or accepting any position at this company!!! | Glassdoor

"Don't bother applying, considering, or accepting any position at this company!!!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None (maybe schadenfreude) actually, one positive -- it's impossible to get fired no matter how incompetent you are (really a negative because of all the dead weight and horrible managers)

Cons

way below market value salaries no pay raises (I know several people who have waited YEARS for management to complete an "annual" appraisal.) horrible benefits (worst options for healthcare I've ever seen) hostile work environment incompetent management horrible work environment (loud, distracting, no labs or equipment) all complaints, constructive criticism, and suggestions are completely ignored no... integrity in management (slimy used car salesmen who lie and blow smoke) no responsibility in management (always have an excuse for their failures; always someone else's fault) no trust in management no opportunities for advancement obsolete technology/languages hypocrites who do not follow company core values employees not seen as human beings; only seen as resources to be used or tossed

Advice to Management

To the executives in corporate headquarters: Fire all managers in Fort Worth, TX office and replace them with competent leaders who listen to employees and work with them rather than making ridiculous mandates such as: you will be happy at work (honest to God true statement from upper level management here).

Wabtec2017-03-27

"Great place to learn and grow as an Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all aspects of the product design process. You are not just a drafter, quality engineer, data analyst, or technical writer as these projects are integrated, fulfilling and require and go-getter mindset. Friendly people with years and years of experience in the industry that are more than willing to help you learn and are patient to help you with different tasks. Wabtec recently aquired GE... Transportation and has doubled its size and has become a Fortune 500 company. Also, you will not be trapped behind your desk doing trivial work as you will have opportunities to travel and visit various sites that manufacture, test, and refine our products.

Cons

Sometimes work can get slow at times and it may feel like you have to constantly ask management for more tasks. However, this is not common.

Advice to Management

Build a comprehensive new hire agenda so that there is clear direction and exposure to aspects of the projects and products. I look forward to my future work with Wabtec and SCT!

Wabtec2019-02-11
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment with direct mentoring

Cons

Potential for relocation biannually

Wabtec2019-10-05

Discover more reviews about Wabtec.