Wabtec - Design Engineer | Glassdoor

"Design Engineer"

I worked at Wabtec full-time

Pros

Challenging work environment, well diversified, international projects.

Cons

Nothing as of my knowledge

Wabtec2018-06-13

"Great place to learn and grow as an Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all aspects of the product design process. You are not just a drafter, quality engineer, data analyst, or technical writer as these projects are integrated, fulfilling and require and go-getter mindset. Friendly people with years and years of experience in the industry that are more than willing to help you learn and are patient to help you with different tasks. Wabtec recently aquired GE... Transportation and has doubled its size and has become a Fortune 500 company. Also, you will not be trapped behind your desk doing trivial work as you will have opportunities to travel and visit various sites that manufacture, test, and refine our products.

Cons

Sometimes work can get slow at times and it may feel like you have to constantly ask management for more tasks. However, this is not common.

Advice to Management

Build a comprehensive new hire agenda so that there is clear direction and exposure to aspects of the projects and products. I look forward to my future work with Wabtec and SCT!

Wabtec2019-02-11
  2. "Good place if you don't care"

Current Employee - Dock Worker

I have been working at Wabtec full-time

Pros

Pay is decent and good people on the floor.

Cons

Don't count on management to see you as more than a body on the floor. Extremely disorganized place.

Wabtec2019-11-18

Discover more reviews about Wabtec.