Wabtec - Great place to learn and grow as an Engineer | Glassdoor

"Great place to learn and grow as an Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all aspects of the product design process. You are not just a drafter, quality engineer, data analyst, or technical writer as these projects are integrated, fulfilling and require and go-getter mindset. Friendly people with years and years of experience in the industry that are more than willing to help you learn and are patient to help you with different tasks. Wabtec recently aquired GE... Transportation and has doubled its size and has become a Fortune 500 company. Also, you will not be trapped behind your desk doing trivial work as you will have opportunities to travel and visit various sites that manufacture, test, and refine our products.

Cons

Sometimes work can get slow at times and it may feel like you have to constantly ask management for more tasks. However, this is not common.

Advice to Management

Build a comprehensive new hire agenda so that there is clear direction and exposure to aspects of the projects and products. I look forward to my future work with Wabtec and SCT!

Wabtec2019-02-11

"Growing Company"

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company has grown leaps and bounds over the past decade. Provide tuition reimbursement for those who wish to better themselves. Provides room for advancement and promotes from within frequently.

Cons

Employee communication has historically been sub-par, likely due to the continuous growth over the past 10 years.

Wabtec2019-05-09
  2. "stuff"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Wabtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Slow promotion process ,could be faster.

Wabtec2019-07-28

Discover more reviews about Wabtec.