Wachovia - Great company, but bad time to shift career into sales job with a low salary..commissions are being cut left and right | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wachovia

"Great company, but bad time to shift career into sales job with a low salary..commissions are being cut left and right"

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Licensed Financial Specialist in Tampa, FL

Pros

Compentation for performance is higher than most banks at the personal banker level. Also, the financial center manager is not your direct supervisor. Also, you have room to specialize in small business, investments, leadership, consumer loans, etc.

Cons

Constant slashing of incentive pay, decrease of incentive based on overall branch service scores despite personal performance, decrease of incentive based on "book of business" decline. Combined, these two reductions can be as much as a 40% overal decrease in your incentive for the month. Now, Wachovia has priced themselves out of the loan market due to their purchase of Golden West

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Wachovia

"Escape while you can!!!!"

Former Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Weather in Charlotte,Banking can be fun

Cons

Politics are ridiculous. How some of these managers tie their shoes in the morning is a mystery. They switch IT stratgies every 6 weeks, they switch management every 6 weeks. It's darn near impossible to even keep track of who your mananger is. Promotions....FORGET IT. You have to be connected, if not you will just slave a way until you die. Since most positions are Non managerial in th eUS Economy, a lot of these poor suckers are in for one hell of of a life.

Advice to Management

Please go and ruin another company, as BOA as kicked your can!

"with the good, come the bad"

Current Employee - Teller in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Teller in Reston, VA

Pros

time off, and paid holidays and working in the morning are the best things about working with wachovia. Having some of the best customers come in the branch with there stories are some of the best memories to have. creating that relationship with customers is worth all the negative attitudes.

Cons

dealing with nasty people, not allowing overtime. Having added stress with micro-management in branches. having a lot of conference calls especially on monday when we have a lot of work to do. the insurance is a bit expensive for one person. being such a big company and with cost of living, you'd think they'd help us out a little more.

Advice to Management

if we are to do our jobs efficiently and promtly, we need the time to do it. if we are expected to do everything that is expected of us, then give us the time to do it.