Walgreens - It has been rocky at times but it has been a great place to work and grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"It has been rocky at times but it has been a great place to work and grow."

Current Employee - Store Team Lead in New York, NY
Current Employee - Store Team Lead in New York, NY

Pros

The pay is very fair, as well the working environment.

Cons

Hard to move up at times, as with other employees there is favoritism.

Advice to Management

Allow more promotions.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Dont trust anyone"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Buford, GA

Pros

Pay for management is at or above average from what I am seeing from others in non big box retail

Cons

The senior leadership, in my opinion, is not doing what is best for the stakeholders and customers. Benefit package is not that great. Sometimes when going to the doctor I was told my visit was covered at no cost to me and then others I had to pay a few hundred dollars.

Advice to Management

Work out a reasonable deal with Express Scripts so that we may stop losing a quarter of our pharmacy volume to the competition.

"The good company that disappeared"

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Nazareth, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Nazareth, PA

Pros

Alot of good honest hard working people in the DC's and RFC's. Getting paid for lunch is always nice. In my 12 years with the company I was fortunate enough to learn many jobs and work with some great personality's.

Cons

Unfortunately with all the good honest hard working people there are lazy people that do little and get the same hourly pay as you. Hard work rarely gets you anywhere. With layoff's many people's lives have been altered for the worse as they may have to change job positions and or shifts.

Advice to Management

For the most part management will follow direction from there superior without question even if they know it to be the wrong thing to do. Many employee's fear management as they think they might get in trouble for being human. Take into consideration everybody is human and if you treat them well they will treat you well. As far as the managers and supervisors themselves on a personal level most are or can be great people but the way they have to operate things in a warehouse can lead many to think they are bad people. I not hear to give advice to management as most are smart enough to figure it out for themselves.