Walgreens - Decent pay, but at what cost is your sanity more important to you than a paycheck? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Decent pay, but at what cost is your sanity more important to you than a paycheck?"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Living Wage
- Full-Time Hours
- High job security

Cons

- Work environment
- Management
- Not flexible at all

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff, and not to just to give an order. It is a very weird feeling when I have a random Team Lead who has never said a word to me in 3 months tell me to use my phone downstairs (this was a Call-Center Pharmacy Technician job), ad walk off as if I didn't exist. Am I really going to be able to respect a person like that because of the title? No, since it's not humanly possible to show respect for someone who has absolutely shown none towards you. Maintaining your employees requires management to empower their staff and make them feel important at what they do, the Walgreens Call Center does not have this attitude in the workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Crappy hours, top heavy management, competitive pay at industry levels"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Chicago, IL

Pros

Valuable experience at all levels of management

Cons

Terrible work life balance
    Upper management/ corporate employees out of tune with stores

Advice to Management

Walgreens does not wish to retain top talent....embedded in companies culture

2. "Great to start, a drag to keep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

Walgreens is a decent employer that does a good job, usually, of keeping their employees occupied. If they do overload you, at least they keep you busy. Also, the pay is decent in comparison to other drug stores, and all the Walgreens I have been to/worked at have been cleaner and better maintained than the competition. Plus, with the new store layout and design rollouts, this aspect only seems to promise improvement.

Cons

At the store day-to-day level, if you do a great job and accomplish all tasks and do everything you are supposed to, no one generally cares. They praise you only if you can get a customer to say something, and even then they still may not care. On the other hand, they can and will harass you if you slip up even once. Also, after you learn how to do everything in the store (which is not hard and takes ~6 months to a year), it gets boring. Fast.

Advice to Management

Try to interact with all employees in a meaningful way and really try to make them feel appreciated--like with customers, a little bit of genuine care and compassion can do great things.