Walgreens - I hated working for walgreens. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"I hated working for walgreens."

Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL

Pros

The discount, most of my coworkers were great to work with. I however enjoyed meeting new people but overall do not recommend this place as a career. It is good for a part time job or maybe a college student but it does not pay the bills and the stresses over the job in my opinion were not worth it. Another perk was getting my pictures developed faster and my prescriptions filled in a short amount of time. My favorite position was working in the cosmetics counter, it allowed me to interact and help more customers which is what I truly enjoyed.

Cons

It seemed like a lot. I was in high school and had concerns about leaving the evening shift at a decent time so I could have time to get home and study but a lot of managers didn't take that into priority therefor frustrating me and leaving me with little time to sleep so I couldn't perform well in school and at my job. Also there were managers that did favors for other employees like giving them more and longer breaks while other employees were lucky if they got one in time. I didn't enjoy this company and will never work there again.

Advice to Management

I hate your company.w

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"I would never work here again."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Pros

If you like working with people and enjoy helping people especially the elderly then this is the place for you.

Cons

I started in high school and the managers could careless if I had homework to do after work, I would get out of school at 2:30 and have to be at work at 3:00 and wouldn't get off till 10:30 at the earliest.
    From what it seemed to me minorities were favored and could do as they please, even walk off the job when they got upset and still have a job the next day.
    Hard work and not much appreciation. I could have just worked for a store manager that could be considered a 'bad apple'.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who is getting promoted and who is not. The store manager is likely to be passing up some good emplyees.

2. "I love WAG"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Great pay
    Great benefits
    Lots of locations equals minimal commute to work.
    Management has it figured out and are always open to new ideas.
    They have an 8 hour work day vs the 12 hour work day of the competition.
    They pay overtime (ask the competition if they will do that!!!!)
    The company is branching out in to new areas.
    The company is still growing even in a tough market.
    Your day goes quickly.....
    This is big company and there is job for every personality (you just need to find your happy place)
    They are always listed as one of the best company's to work for and it shows.

Cons

Its retail and the hours are hard sometimes, especially during holidays.
    The customers can be really mean, and all you can do is smile about it.
    You are on your feet non stop,restroom breaks are almost impossible to get, and your to busy for a lunch break.

Once again it is retail.

Advice to Management

Work at each store during its rush hours to get a good understanding of what is going on.
    Please notice that I said work at the store and not visit the store!!!
    Compare scrips per hour not daily totals.
    Adjust store operating hours around peak times.
    Keep your focus on branching out to new areas. (this is the right path)
    Love the plan for growth-(good job)