Walgreens - I hated working for walgreens. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"I hated working for walgreens."

Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Clermont, FL

Pros

The discount, most of my coworkers were great to work with. I however enjoyed meeting new people but overall do not recommend this place as a career. It is good for a part time job or maybe a college student but it does not pay the bills and the stresses over the job in my opinion were not worth it. Another perk was getting my pictures developed faster and my prescriptions filled in a short amount of time. My favorite position was working in the cosmetics counter, it allowed me to interact and help more customers which is what I truly enjoyed.

Cons

It seemed like a lot. I was in high school and had concerns about leaving the evening shift at a decent time so I could have time to get home and study but a lot of managers didn't take that into priority therefor frustrating me and leaving me with little time to sleep so I couldn't perform well in school and at my job. Also there were managers that did favors for other employees like giving them more and longer breaks while other employees were lucky if they got one in time. I didn't enjoy this company and will never work there again.

Advice to Management

I hate your company.w

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Review of Walgreens Business Management Internship Program"

Former Employee - Business Management in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Business Management in Lansing, MI

Pros

I worked as a Business Management Intern. It paid well and working at my local store allowed me to take summer classes while working. You get great exposure to a potential career in retail management. There are lots of projects for interns to work on and complete and they are very flexible about which ones you choose. So if you are interested in Marketing you can do marketing projects. Interns generally don't have to work weekends.

Cons

They try to use the intern program to get you to become an assistant manager. Which isn't actually a bad career path for many people if you are cut out for it. Assistant managers work hard and tough hours but are paid well and have a very rapid potential for advancement.

Advice to Management

Give Interns more exposure to the other parts of the company and help them pursue careers outside of retail management.

"I would never work here again."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Pros

If you like working with people and enjoy helping people especially the elderly then this is the place for you.

Cons

I started in high school and the managers could careless if I had homework to do after work, I would get out of school at 2:30 and have to be at work at 3:00 and wouldn't get off till 10:30 at the earliest.
    From what it seemed to me minorities were favored and could do as they please, even walk off the job when they got upset and still have a job the next day.
    Hard work and not much appreciation. I could have just worked for a store manager that could be considered a 'bad apple'.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who is getting promoted and who is not. The store manager is likely to be passing up some good emplyees.