Walgreens - Great place to learn the ropes of pharmacy as an intern. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Great place to learn the ropes of pharmacy as an intern."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Miami, FL
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Miami, FL

I worked at Walgreens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Family-style, the pharmacist and techs were really helpful to new members of the team, always tried to make us learn and enjoy ourselves.

Cons

Very little - if you're looking for the small-town feel and knowing customers personally, that wasn't the case at this Miami Walgreens.

Advice to Management

When it's quiet and there isn't much to do, it wouldn't be the end of the world to let the interns leave early!

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Ok place to work"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Peters, MO
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with hours. If I want less I get less. If I want more they give me more.

Cons

Working holidays. Some of the customers are terrible. Some can be so mean. I received only a 6 centrist after working There for a year.

Advice to Management

Treating your employees like they are beneath You is not an effective way to manage. If you treat us with respect, then we will treat you with the same. If you have no respect for us than we will have none for you. If we have a question talk to us like we are adults not children. Do not make us feel as if we are the most intelligent person you have ever been around.

"Stressfull"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time

Pros

Several good people, good pay, decent equipment, benefits(expensive), lots of good team work in each department.

Cons

Stupid mistakes made by management, very disorganized between upper management and ground floor management. Lack of communication and cooperation between all three shifts.

Advice to Management

Get your heads and asses wired together and listen to your employee's suggestions.