Walgreens - Employees are seen just like another expenses for the company, no room to grow as an MGT | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Employees are seen just like another expenses for the company, no room to grow as an MGT"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be good place to work, since 2010 I can't come up with any good reason why to work for this company. If you are a pharmacist you are exempt as they treat you differently and better than the rest of their employee.

Cons

Upper management is too greedy, they are taking very poor business decision that forces them to cut payroll and employee benefits in order to redress their financial situation. Most Assistant manager are very disgruntled, no room to grow unless your are friend with your District Manager.

Advice to Management

try to create condition for your employee/MGT to be motivate,

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "A rare happiness in retail pharmacy"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Inter in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Inter in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a pharmacy Inter (pharmacy student), I am paid higher than just techs and also are given more respect from the pharmacist than techs. As a student it is a great way to use a portion of my schooling and in regards to walgreens, from my own experience most retail are all the same.

Cons

As a intern, my role is still as a tech. This means i do a lot of running around trying to keep patients happy. Also, not all walgreens pharmacies are created equal. I have work in two stories and both were and are amazing. However, most other students say that their store is aweful. Also, if you can not handle patients either getting anger or yelling at you.... do no try to be a pharmacist or become an tech

2. "Very fast paced and stressful"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible hours, indoor work, good part-time pay for people in school or who have other commitments

Cons

if the pharmacy does not work in unison, or if certain employees do not care much to learn to do things following the correct procedure then there are often stressful situations with customers. In short, a few bad apples will leave the entire pharmacy out to dry