Walgreens - Good people to work with at a stable company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Good people to work with at a stable company"

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Service Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are good people. The company is stable. Our customers are loyal and friendly. Good support from your managers.

Cons

Slow to move up in the company. I am qualified to be a manager, but I get passed up by people who have less experience. The assistant manager position is being replaced by team leads, who do the same job with less pay.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the best people are working for you right now. Please look to promote them first.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Could be worse"

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Brookhaven, PA
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Brookhaven, PA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's pay is above that of food service and I have not met anyone working for minimum wage. Unless you are in management they are always quite flexible with you and your job security is actually quite high despite what people believe. In my two years in a store with 55 employees I've only seen three people fired. Two for easily avoided offenses(repeated stealing and on the premise
    drug use) the third was sort of a fluke in my mind though and is a story to long to tell.

Cons

Customers are mean. Co-workers can be irritating and all to often undereducated and under motivated. These could easily be changed by raising wages but that does not seem to be a priority so at the cashier levels you may find some characters. Management is always stressed out for some reason and often times that trickles down to the departments. If you are a laid back person and dont let simple words bother you than walgreens may work for you. If you can't stand ignorant or just plain and simple not nice people than between the customers and the management you won't be happy.

Advice to Management

Higher wages.
    Give more freedom to lower level employees. That is to say more input on how to do the jobs they have been doing for years. Improve your communication with the stores because honestly it is pathetic the effort you have put forth in that area.

"empty promises but good place to work"

Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a lot of fun, working for them
    Friendly
    Good pay for who they are

Cons

Don't care if your pregnant they think you can do what you could do before, like to move you out of your department and put you front register plus watch the other one.. stressful

Advice to Management

Treat employee's right they make your money and bring the customers in, without us you would have nothing.