Walgreens - A good company, lost in the dark | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"A good company, lost in the dark"

Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profit sharing is phenomenal. Compensation is adequate-fair(although it's being reduced).

Cons

Restructuring is a nightmare. Top dogs bagged multiple millions in bonuses for improvement last two years, while just about everyone else saw reductions in workforce; scores of layoffs and firings, thousands of full time employees cut in hours by 25%(more humane than firing every 4th one?), now upcoming wage freezes.

Advice to Management

Please get over yourselves. You're not worth an 8 million dollar bonus for putting so many people in harms way.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Always something to do"

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Norman, OK

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open door policy is awesome.

Cons

Sometimes the board of walgreens has issues and make really bad decisions regarding the financial future of the company. They have never worked a single day in a pharmacy and that is what walgreens is known for, they don't have any idea what goes in to making a pharmacy run, and want more scripts filled, with better customer service, with less people. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Advice to Management

Ask us our opinion about what we think the company/region/district/store needs instead of making a devision that affects us withoutus having any say whatsoever.

2. "I had to pick one job and one job only... I chose Walgreens!!!"

Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work is fulfilling. The managers encourage you to grow and give you the tools to do just that. Management for the most part is supportive and helpful. Like all jobs in life, there are ups and downs, but you respect your job, work hard, be willing to learn and step out of your comfort zone you'll find the advantages are endless and the Pros will always out weigh the Cons.

Cons

Full - Time is 30+ hours, rarely will you see 40 especially if you work the 3:30p to close shift. You usually avg around 32-35 hrs a week.

Advice to Management

Find a way so that the 2nd shift workers get their full scheduled shift like the 1st shift workers. Closers always lose at least an hour or so ea. week.