Walgreens - Asst Mgr now change to SFL | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Asst Mgr now change to SFL"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great starting salary, but now they are doing recon and everyones pay is getting cut 33%+.

Cons

Work life balance, expect to work every day, holiday, night; horrible managers dependant on store; expect to move around a lot if you are a manager; no more overnight managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Worst Fortune 100 Company I have ever worked at"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is better thab average

Cons

There's not enough money to keep you in ESS

Advice to Management

Spend money and invest in your employees; don't forbid training even though you do have the money for it; create a culture that is viable, appreciated and lively; I know its hard to spend money on a winter party, but it helps morale. Unfortunately you just don't get it.

2. "Money is money, work is work."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are for the most part great people. Some are even funny and a joy to work with. Good summer job for the money. If you work part time, you tend to have a lot of free time on your hands.

Cons

My hours tend to be very random from week to week. I never know more than half a week ahead of time when I'm working, and if I do, it's because the store manager is going on vacation for a while. I feel uncomfortable sharing the times when I'm busy because my notes have to be publicly posted where my coworkers can see in order for my boss to look at them. Most of my coworkers would rather call in sick than say ahead of time that they have somewhere else to be. Only the full-time people ever know when they're gonna be in, but that's because they're full time.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better way to schedule employees for work. Perhaps an e-mail system where employees could submit messages about work conflicts in advance to the manager would be a better way to go about making schedules. The way it is now, employees would rather call in sick than ask for a day off, which leaves the store understaffed and the employees that actually came in scrambling to get everything done. Not that employees are calling in sick all the time, it's just that there have been days where there was at least one person out sick multiple days in a row, and it's all different people.