Walgreens - Temp job | Glassdoor

"Temp job"

I worked at Walgreens part-time

Pros

Fun, always busy with work to do, and constant comstomer traffic

Cons

low pay, min hours, very low chance of promotion

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Great Place to work for Pharmacy Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork in the pharmacy and the computer system is very user friendly in contrast to systems used by competitors. The Technician training program at Walgreens is great and is an awesome way for someone to learn the job without going to an expensive and unnecessary trade school. Benefits are great especially the retirement plan.

Cons

Salary Caps discourage continuous improvement for hourly employees. Under staffing seems to be an issue a lot in the last 6 months.

Advice to Management

The loss of express scripts was a challenging time for the company and the need for compensation adjustments was universally understood by most employees however now that express scripts is back many employees are expecting a return to the previous model. The bonus for Senior Technicians is a big issue and was the incentive for a lot of techs to strive for the position. Those sort of bonuses are a great tool for attracting better technicians and helping morale in the push to increase the script count in the store. I think the previous model or something similar should be brought back.

2. ""NOT the same great company I worked for when I first started.""

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers can become wonderful friends. There's a decent discount.

Cons

When I first started this company (over 8 years ago) it was a really decent place to work for. Walgreens had many programs, contests, and meetings that made selling and learning fun and rewarding. Almost all of that has now been eliminated. Store and district management have the mentality that employees are "replaceable!"

Advice to Management

Treating employees like they are worthless will eventually backfire. Try being nice to tell them, instead of making them do things and maybe you will get better results in sales!!!