Walgreens - Look busy | Glassdoor

"Look busy"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Pharmacist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have the best computer system. We still have stock purchase I think where you can get $2,500 free each year and a good 401k match of about 2 to 1 on the first 2 percent if you contribute 4 percent.

Cons

They are taking away every reason to work there including stock options, extra holiday pay, and now starting in 2014 you earn your vacation as you go instead of getting a lump sum of vacation at the beginning of the year which is bad for people who have been there a long time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the balance rewards requirement to get the sale price. Sometimes people just want quick service and while it is nice to get rewards for some people, it holds up the line and sometimes people think they are getting the sale price and they are not. It is deceptive. Also don't make things up about your employees. I had a supervisor tell me I had a pattern of sick calls and it turns out I had called in sick a total of 2 times including the day he called me. It was basically illegal for him to have called me to harass me about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Cosmetics supervisor"

Former Employee - Cosmetics Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Cosmetics Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

employee discount, many stores to choose from so transfer are not a problem, room for advancement

Cons

pay was rather low and raise were not much

2. "Just gone down the s***ter"

Former Employee - Head Photo Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Head Photo Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great retirement plans and stock options. Floor teams/workers are decent.

Cons

Constant cutting of work hours; constanct change of management and policy; company is currently "demoting" managers to a new/different "management" position with less pay; price of goods going up because they stopped accepting various major prescription plans; poor upper management; virtually no advancement opportunity--you're basically stuck at your position; favoritism by store manager

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, instead of constantly changing policy, having a hire-and-fire mentality, and close down on holidays