Walgreens - They had me working hours that I had not agreed to, and doing things that were not part of my job description. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"They had me working hours that I had not agreed to, and doing things that were not part of my job description."

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Mound, MN
Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Mound, MN

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a good employee discount, and very friendly employees.

Cons

As a highschool student, my studies weren't taken into account. I was given hours that were not suitable and which I hadn't agreed to.

Advice to Management

Having a high school student work the closing shift is fine. However, having them work the closing shift three nights a week at times, while also trying to keep there grades in school is very difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and computer system is good when working.

Cons

Company is continually cutting help. This is when customer complaints go sky high and mistakes happen

Advice to Management

Spend some time in pharmacy and understand the pressure back there. Huge lack of support from company.

"Working in the Pharmacy"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Walgreens part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All technicians have to be certified so you are not working with people who don't know there jobs. Workflow keeps everyone in place allowing the shift to run smoothly.Great benefits, can buy shares in the co, in-store discounts and online. Great pharmacists.

Cons

Shifts are constantly cut. Managers don't stay long because of the workload placed on them. Customers are horrid to the staff, and then are given gifts cards for their hissy fits. Need to higher more technicians for the number of prescriptions. Pharmacy constantly swamped. Be ready to deal with rude doctors and outsourced insurance agents who don't have a clue.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting shifts and add more technicians so the ones you have are not pulling their hair out. Without the extra help lots of mistakes are made making the company look incompetent.