Walgreens - Challenge | Glassdoor

"Challenge"

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I just love my job.

Cons

Lack of communication and need to have a meeting atleast twice a month.

Advice to Management

Manager should talk to all employees and tell them what's going on to the company. Communication needs to improve.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "After working for 5 years, it's clear that Walgreen's is more in it for their customers, and not their employees."

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The hourly rate isn't the worst you could get as a pharmacy technician. You have the option in the pharmacy to make "promotional monies or PM's" whenever you sell a "prescription savings club or PSC". Usually you make $1 per sale. Lately they've been giving $5 per sale. Which is nice, but that doesn't really feel like anything compared to how they used to do it.

Cons

They keep cutting hours, which decreases the amount of help we get, increases our stress level as a whole. Walgreen's is a ticking time-bomb. We're getting less and less PM's as a whole. Now we've switched to a Balance Rewards card, which doesn't give you as much back as say, a "register rewards" coupon.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Back them up. Make sure they have the help they need to do their job better with enthusiasm so they can treat your customers and patients in order to be well.

2. "The employees at entry level should be treated with more respect."

Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always close to home. Flexible hours.

Cons

While working in customer service for Walgreens I felt like I was treated unfairly. Managers had very low respect for there employee's. I worked for them for over 4 years. With very little pay, 25cent yearly raises, and no chances to move up. I felt I was discriminated against because of my age. Customers were often allowed to disrespect employees which caused for very low moral.

Advice to Management

Managers should have a positive customer service attitude and treated employees with value. I believe that working the jobs with less pay would be more tolerable. The work place should not be a popularity contest and no one person should be treated with less respect than any other.