Walgreens - After working for 5 years, it's clear that Walgreen's is more in it for their customers, and not their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"After working for 5 years, it's clear that Walgreen's is more in it for their customers, and not their employees."

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The hourly rate isn't the worst you could get as a pharmacy technician. You have the option in the pharmacy to make "promotional monies or PM's" whenever you sell a "prescription savings club or PSC". Usually you make $1 per sale. Lately they've been giving $5 per sale. Which is nice, but that doesn't really feel like anything compared to how they used to do it.

Cons

They keep cutting hours, which decreases the amount of help we get, increases our stress level as a whole. Walgreen's is a ticking time-bomb. We're getting less and less PM's as a whole. Now we've switched to a Balance Rewards card, which doesn't give you as much back as say, a "register rewards" coupon.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Back them up. Make sure they have the help they need to do their job better with enthusiasm so they can treat your customers and patients in order to be well.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "The employees at entry level should be treated with more respect."

Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always close to home. Flexible hours.

Cons

While working in customer service for Walgreens I felt like I was treated unfairly. Managers had very low respect for there employee's. I worked for them for over 4 years. With very little pay, 25cent yearly raises, and no chances to move up. I felt I was discriminated against because of my age. Customers were often allowed to disrespect employees which caused for very low moral.

Advice to Management

Managers should have a positive customer service attitude and treated employees with value. I believe that working the jobs with less pay would be more tolerable. The work place should not be a popularity contest and no one person should be treated with less respect than any other.

"Great but tiring"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, annual raises; job security (if you follow all rules); chances for advancement (if you know the right people)

Cons

Front cashier is always the most ignored person in the store; promotions and hours are based on favoritism; if you don't speak up, you'll be placed in the same position day after day, week after week, year after year

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who's hired, there are people with Masters and Bachelors degrees that are stuck behind a register while the G.E.D. holders are promoted into management because they hang out with the store manager