Walgreens - Bright future but is currently behind the times when it comes to technology & business processes. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Bright future but is currently behind the times when it comes to technology & business processes."

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist
Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leading the way in retail/healthcare.

Cons

Lack of career development opportunities for "field employees"

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Positive"

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I one thing I will never ever complain about is the pay I receive. Also, the ability to transfer to different stores provided great flexibility of stores to work at through college.

Cons

Slashing store hours and cutting out overtime. Doing more with less is the slogan I believe they company is now living by. Pretty soon, the good employees will get tired of picking up the slack of others

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Reward the good. Punish the bad and encourage and look out for them above everything else.

2. "Happy,Healthy is just a cover up"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company had ok benefits. I get to meet a lots of hard working ,great people(store level)

Cons

After Mr. Walgreen retired and gave this company in the wrong hands people are being fired for the wrong reasons. Everything became about bigger bonuses for CEO and VP's and DM's and other big shots. Even though they say they don't discriminate they do discriminate against women and foreign people. Sad to say this company went down the hill with morals.It's a shame.

Advice to Management

You need to go back to 90's and look how you treated your employees with respect and not like robots and out of your selfishnes firing all inocent people so that you will have more money. i used to love this company and it's easy to say now since morals are so low I really don't have anything good to say about you. You took business over seas to live USA citizens unemployed.Shame on you! Truth comes out sooner or later .You think where you need to make changes.Seems like you need to go to Mr. Walgreen cause someone doesn't know what they are doing. Right now store managers are going down and other personel don't worry your turn will come too. Ever heard about Karma?