Walgreens - Don't Waste Your Life Here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Don't Waste Your Life Here"

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Aberdeen, MD
Current Employee - Service Clerk in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't believe there are pros to working at Walgreens, only one that I could think of is we get Promotional money for selling some items. But honestly, that's only for candies and or really expensive makeup and the money amount is never over $5 per item.

Cons

EVERYTHING. They will slave you out for no apparent reason, tell you to do work, and take credit for it. They'll make sure they get more than enough work out of you for that 7.50/ hour. Oh, and they make sure you SELL, SELL, SELL! tf?

Advice to Management

Stop having favorites it's breaking up people.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"We all need to get by"

Current Employee - Head Photo Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Head Photo Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-The family style environment (Your coworkers are like brothers and sisters, minus the management/ depending on what store you are in)
    -Flex hours
    -Freedom to get things done how you like as long as they are done
    -great 401k (too long to get vested though..6 years)

Cons

-LOW LOW LOOOOOOW pay
    -No advancement unless you are in good with the store manager and or want to become management, shift lead, or certified drug dealer (Pharmacist)

Advice to Management

-Please pay your people. You talk about being and living well, but after almost 8 years with you I am only making 9.25 and hour and that is WITH a college degree. After taxes, medical, and 401k I take home 500 every 2 weeks WHAT?!

-Not everyone wants to be in management and or be a pharmacist . Have a better sophisticated system in which employees can explore their talents and be used to further the mission of Walgreens OTHER than being a manager or pharmacist.

"Pharmacy Tech"

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for techs, the pharmacy staff is usually fun to be around.

Cons

Every few months they come out with these cheesy slogans they want us to say to every customer. When the pharmacy doesn't do well one week we get bashed for it, But when we exceed goal for a week we get no praise or no acknowlegment. Hours get cut randomly throught-out the year. We are alwasy short staffed because this is a company that would rather see their employess run around crazy then pay overtime so we can get some help when we're short.

Advice to Management

Acknowlege your employees for exceptional behavior. Pay overtime when needed