Walgreens - great company some times bad customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"great company some times bad customers"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work in A/c
holiday pay
vacation pay
special holiday pay
stock/options They used to give out free options but its been a while 10% discount on stock.
decent medical insurance for like 100 bucks a month

Cons

Depends on who manages the store and the pharmacy if you have a good experience.
I happen to have 2 great ones so my experience is good.other might not be lucky.
Customers can be overwhelming some times. and the company cuts hours alot lately i assume to help boost their stock (which used to be high then dropped the last couple years and is recovering)

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Medmark Specialty Pharmacy was awesome place to work until purchased by Walgreens"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy when it was still Medmark. Best job I ever had until Walgreens purchased it. I reported directly to the CTO and was given freedom to make decisions and recommendations, which is what I was there for. Good work/life balance. Co-workers were amazing.

Cons

Once purchased by Walgreens, that was taken away along with everything else (health insurance sky rocketed, loss of vacation time, even the free drinks in the refrigerators were removed). A new manager with no healthcare background was brought in and she ran my group into the ground. It became a miserable place to work.

Advice to Management

Small things like the snacks and drinks in the conference rooms were big for morale. Take them away and you start chipping away at employees. Hire managers with the know-how, not some padded resume.

2. "Growing, positive company"

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Walgreens has a good environment whether you like a fast-paced work experience or a workplace with a slower, more steady appeal. It has something for everyone and offers motivated individuals the potential for growth and advancement.

Cons

As stated previously, those who enjoy fast-paced work environments or a slower, more relaxed workplace will at times be faced with the opposite.

Advice to Management

Listen to and engage employees about ideas they have. Listen to good ideas or offer corrective information about why a particular process or policy is in place.