Walgreens - eh... | Glassdoor

"eh..."

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

in my store the manager is awesome
easy job

Cons

typical retail schedule types.
very low compensation, they'll cut hours for no reason so they can blow it on sponsoring everything instead of looking out for employees.

Advice to Management

care more about the little guys again.. your customer's are very important but so are your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "great company some times bad customers"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work in A/c
    holiday pay
    vacation pay
    special holiday pay
    stock/options They used to give out free options but its been a while 10% discount on stock.
    decent medical insurance for like 100 bucks a month

Cons

Depends on who manages the store and the pharmacy if you have a good experience.
    I happen to have 2 great ones so my experience is good.other might not be lucky.
    Customers can be overwhelming some times. and the company cuts hours alot lately i assume to help boost their stock (which used to be high then dropped the last couple years and is recovering)

"Medmark Specialty Pharmacy was awesome place to work until purchased by Walgreens"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy when it was still Medmark. Best job I ever had until Walgreens purchased it. I reported directly to the CTO and was given freedom to make decisions and recommendations, which is what I was there for. Good work/life balance. Co-workers were amazing.

Cons

Once purchased by Walgreens, that was taken away along with everything else (health insurance sky rocketed, loss of vacation time, even the free drinks in the refrigerators were removed). A new manager with no healthcare background was brought in and she ran my group into the ground. It became a miserable place to work.

Advice to Management

Small things like the snacks and drinks in the conference rooms were big for morale. Take them away and you start chipping away at employees. Hire managers with the know-how, not some padded resume.