Walgreens - Eh... | Glassdoor

"Eh..."

Former Employee - Cashier in Orangeburg, SC
Former Employee - Cashier in Orangeburg, SC

I worked at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helped me get out of my shell, helped get better with multitasking, met some great customers.

Cons

There were some, but it could have just been paranoia.

Advice to Management

Overall had 3 bosses. One had been there for years, an amazing boss and made me realize that your personal life does not matter in a job. Just do your best and don't worry about the rest. Second boss was also a great boss, nothing really to say about them. Third boss, very cutthroat and while I didn't appreciate her at all while working there, she showed me some bosses are not there to be your friend. Overall a really good first job.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"great benefits, good pay, but many lay-off's still happening"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good commute for living in the suburbs. Love the Healthy Living Center on campus ($5 copays for the doctor, physical therapy, pharmacy, work out facility, massage therapist, etc). Good benefits and salary. Main Deerfield campus has nice, updated facilities.

Cons

Not much job security as more departments are turning to outside contractors and consultants. Not the best HR staff. Lack of leadership and mentoring in some departments. IT support and innovation seems to be behind the times (just got wifi in some of the corp buildings, can't print wirelessly or in other departments, etc). Senior Management is trying to emphasize culture and values but it's hard to believe in and live out with some of the decisions being made from the top down. 40hr work week has disappeared.

"Inconsistent"

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some managers are excellent leaders. Flexible scheduling, low pressure.

Cons

Many managers foist their workload off on lower level employees and do nothing. Company shows little commitment/loyalty to its employees and will let them go at the drop of a hat.