Walgreens - Eh... | Glassdoor

"Eh..."

Former Employee - Cashier in Orangeburg, SC
Former Employee - Cashier in Orangeburg, SC

I worked at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helped me get out of my shell, helped get better with multitasking, met some great customers.

Cons

There were some, but it could have just been paranoia.

Advice to Management

Overall had 3 bosses. One had been there for years, an amazing boss and made me realize that your personal life does not matter in a job. Just do your best and don't worry about the rest. Second boss was also a great boss, nothing really to say about them. Third boss, very cutthroat and while I didn't appreciate her at all while working there, she showed me some bosses are not there to be your friend. Overall a really good first job.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Company is confused about their direction with continuous changes to leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, MA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice people and solid company with strong brand recognition. The stated vision and company strategy are altruistic and honestly well intended.

Cons

There is lack of attention and commitment to the support services division by the Executive leadership and this caused constant change in leadership and direction. While the corporate strategy of health and happiness is nice, there is not always enough development and system process in place to ensure successful delivery of services.

"Corporate is out of touch with reality"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will never be bored or leave work with any energy left, if you are a manager you don't need to go to the gym anymore! Pay is fair, there are some great discounts you cna take advantage of throught partnership offers.

Cons

There is a unbelieveable amount of double talk and policies and procedures that contridict eachother directly. There is no right answer, ever, whatever you do, the opposite is always what they expect. Budgets are reactive, instead of proactive. Corporate has no clue as to the challenges that stores face on a daily basis. Company programs for consumers are extremely complex and the rules we are to enforce for them enrage customers if carried out to the fullest extent.

Advice to Management

Come into stores unannouced, outside of the beloved chicago area and see what really goes on. Better yet, do an Undercover Boss episode and come in as an SFL.