Walgreens - good company, but i've lost the ability to be a manager. now more of a glorified stock person. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"good company, but i've lost the ability to be a manager. now more of a glorified stock person."

Pros

Good Company, established fortune 500, decent employee benefits, approachable store management and district management.

Cons

no room to grow. corporate changes will be eliminating our role, but there is no clear story as to what will happen to us when this happens. too much tasking, without the ability to be "above the task vs. part of it" makes mgmt become more like stock people than managing people.

Advice to Management

ask the staff across the country for input on new initiaties, don't just stick with specific markets or chicago-area. some things may work in the midwest but won't in other parts of the country. for example, changing the dress code back to vests...we didn't really get a true voice in this decision.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Good for most part except lately lack of employee job satisfaction"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits.Good Salary overall. AlwAYS WORK TO DO

Cons

Lot of work load as managers, No breaks.

2. "Moved up the chain quickly, well supported by middle management"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

VERY good support by all the managers I've had above me, I was aggressively seeking promotion, and was rewarded in kind for my hard work and ambition. Even when I have struggled with aspects of my job, my boss has helped me in the form of advice and paid training.

Cons

Work/life balance is poor. They are looking for people who will eat sleep and breathe Walgreens

Advice to Management

Pharmacy is our business. How about paying our techs and pharmacy managers what they're worth and giving us enough hours to run our business effectively.