Walgreens - Mundane job, okay for temporary work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Mundane job, okay for temporary work"

Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started of as a photo specialist at one of the retail stores. Overall it wasn't a bad job. The company offers health benefits and profit sharing to full time employees. If you move up to the photo department they increase your pay by a little bit. Overall its a decent temporary job while your in school or going to school, but I wouldn't do it for more than a couple of years.

Cons

The pay is lousy and the job is pretty mundane and routine. About what you would expect from a low level position. The scheduling is awful at times, you could end up being scheduled to work 7 or 8 days in a row and not get paid overtime because of how the work week breaks down. Your experience really depends on your manager. If he's laid back you won't have much issues, however, its a different story if he's a hard a**. Your experience can change at anytime as managers come and go. Oh and they only give you a $0.25 raise whether you bust your a** or just sit on it. Oh and if your thinking of trying to get promoted to an assistant manager, good luck with that. All the assistant managers I talked to were hired out of college or hired from other companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Could have been worse"

Former Employee - Store Associate in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Cape Girardeau, MO

I worked at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with nice people. I enjoyed working in the photo department more than cosmetics and the front register.

Cons

Low pay and demanding customers. People get really worked up over their coupons.

2. "Ok Place to work"

Pros

Treated well and encouraged by management.

Cons

The pay is not enough to survive very well.

Advice to Management

N/A