Walgreens - Mundane job, okay for temporary work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Mundane job, okay for temporary work"

Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started of as a photo specialist at one of the retail stores. Overall it wasn't a bad job. The company offers health benefits and profit sharing to full time employees. If you move up to the photo department they increase your pay by a little bit. Overall its a decent temporary job while your in school or going to school, but I wouldn't do it for more than a couple of years.

Cons

The pay is lousy and the job is pretty mundane and routine. About what you would expect from a low level position. The scheduling is awful at times, you could end up being scheduled to work 7 or 8 days in a row and not get paid overtime because of how the work week breaks down. Your experience really depends on your manager. If he's laid back you won't have much issues, however, its a different story if he's a hard a**. Your experience can change at anytime as managers come and go. Oh and they only give you a $0.25 raise whether you bust your a** or just sit on it. Oh and if your thinking of trying to get promoted to an assistant manager, good luck with that. All the assistant managers I talked to were hired out of college or hired from other companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Ok Place to work"

Pros

Treated well and encouraged by management.

Cons

The pay is not enough to survive very well.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Nice work environment (A/C, pleasant co-worker, set my own hours (within reason))

-Solid management & organizational support (they will help you acheive your goals)

-Stock options & other compensation is vary fair

Cons

Every year benefits are cut a little bit and raises are less (isn't it like that everywhere now since the recession?)

Advice to Management

Last year our health insurance cost went up by more than the COLA raise I received (it was like that for many employees in my department). Even though its only a few bucks its still demoralizing to effectively get a 'salary reduction'