Walgreens - One of the best company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"One of the best company to work for."

Current Employee - B/A in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - B/A in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy and healthy is the way to go nowadays.

Cons

cutting hours due to over time.

Advice to Management

visit your stores often.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Lots of talk, no action"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits; insurance, discounts, retirement funds, sick/holiday pay. Actual company policy is very good and thoughtful. Great starter job for people in high school.

Cons

Management positions are being removed, forcing people to step down with pay cut or leave. Because of this, my position has all the responsibilities of management, less the pay.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your future management team like dogs. Listen to suggestions and follow through with promises.

2. "Demand more from less!"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits for full-time employees. Some room for advancement. Possibility to transfer around the U.S. with the company.

Cons

There isn't much work/life balance working most weekends, nights, and holidays. They have really gotten away from taking care of their people. They want us to keep our employees engaged but make it very difficult for us. They request we post a schedule 4 weeks in advance but will give us a 1 or 2 week notice of employee budget cuts. Therefore we have to change everyone's schedule and a full-time employee fluctuates from 30-40hrs per week. Which makes it very difficult for them to make plans and estimate how much their next paycheck will be. They have set bills to pay too! This budget is not based on sales or profit improvement over last year because we are up almost 19% over last year, have #1 increase in customer count, and have less employee hours than last year. Demanding more from less is not engaging or motivating! Walgreens is changing the job title of every position in store so that they can implement new pay scales which most long term employees have to take a significant pay cut and then are already capped out with no opportunity for a raise. Also, they have changed the Assistant Store Manager to taking over almost all of the Store Manager duties leaving major confusion over what the role of the Store Manager is because Walgreens has yet to come up with a job description for that position. What value is the Store Manager suppose to add now? Store Managers who have been around for a long time have a hard time adjusting to change and have a very negative attitude toward new company initiatives which can make your job very difficult!!!

Advice to Management

Start focusing on your people again! The better you treat your employees the better they will treat your customers! Be more transparent with your upcoming changes and new direction. Then employees might be engaged.