Walgreens - eCommerce Downtown: great location, not great for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"eCommerce Downtown: great location, not great for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

much younger, and more vibrant than Deerfield. Most people in marketing had some type of agency background

Cons

like any huge, older company, it's all about bureaucracy. Promotions weren't really based on quality of work or value added to the company but rather office politics. If you're young but hard working and smart, too bad. You won't get promoted if there are older people on your team who've been working there longer than you.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of your location and take care of the younger talent you're able to get because of it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"ruthless"

Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Talladega, AL
    Former Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager in Talladega, AL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

customers, fellow employees, good opportunity to further your education.

Cons

Ruthless company with few ethics. Worked 5 yrs for them, never called in, was promoted quickly, made great money, then they realigned their management structure, capped my pay at $12000/yr less than I was making, and used a ridiculously minor policy violation to fire me & save money, even though I was never disciplined for any reason in 5 years, not even a verbal warning. And I had seen other managers steal and commit fraud and they weren't fired.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees like you did 5 years ago! Stop trying to please shareholders at the expense of your employees who are the front line contact to your customers!

2. "IN one sentence, I would describe my experience at Walgreens as glad. Glad that I learn where not to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for Walgreens is the end of the day or your shift. Pay could be better.

Cons

In one sentence, I would describe the cons experience at Walgreen the pay, the pay, the pay.

Advice to Management

Better pay.