Walgreens - Decent internship | Glassdoor

"Decent internship"

Pros

Pay was decent for an internshit. $14 an hour. I made good money during the summer that was the only good thing.

Cons

Same work day to day. Not very exciting going into work since you are doing the same tasks. Basically an overpaid employee

Advice to Management

Give interns more challenging tasks than just stocking shelves

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"To many changes in a such a short amount of time."

Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Certified Executive Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

profit sharingand the employee discount

Cons

no staff, long hours, wage freezes and a pay on proformance bonus on standard out of your control

Advice to Management

We need more hours for all of the thing that need to be done in a store. The expectations that corprate has set are impossible to reach. The goals that have been set for most store are unreachable and in turn we recieve a poor bonus.

"Progressively getting worse"

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay and benefits (especially 401k/profit sharing plan); more technologically advanced than other chains; locations all over the US making it easy to relocate or work where you want; flexible schedule depending on your store/location

Cons

Over the years the company has gotten more and more concerned with its bottom line than making its employees and customers happy. Pharmacies are woefully understaffed, leading to longer wait times and customer dissatisfaction. Seems like all we do is try to crank out as many prescriptions as we can without any time to counsel patients. Company keeps pushing new responsibilities on its pharmacists (flu shots, MTM, health checks, etc) without providing adequate staffing or training. Management will not hesitate to throw its own employees under a bus in order to placate a disgruntled customer.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to spend more time listening to its employees. Remember that good employees are much harder to find than good customers. You are not going to improve customer service by continuously cutting hours and pushing unrealistic expectations on your pharmacists and techs who are already overworked. Retail pharmacy will always be a stressful profession, but when you neglect your employees you only make it worse. Many of your best employees are leaving due to the undue pressure, stress, and lack of caring. I've been with the company 10 years and now I am considering leaving too. Walgreens used to be a good company to work for, but now it is going downhill fast.