Walgreens - Walgreens has treated me well as a pharmacy intern. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Walgreens has treated me well as a pharmacy intern."

Current Intern - Graduate Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Intern - Graduate Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Walgreens as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Walgreens is looking toward the future of pharmacy and is steps ahead of other retail chains. They are becoming modernized and streamline and I've had the opportunity to watch pharmacies go from old to new.

Cons

It's retail. If you don't like occasional crabby customers or dealing with insurance companies or standing all day long, this won't be for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Made a lot of friendships that I cherish"

Former Employee - Senior Pharmacy Technician in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Pharmacy Technician in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent computer system light years beyond competition, excellent pay compared to the competition as well

Cons

Multi-lane drive through, some times it takes a while to get hours increased during flu and cold season, so at times the fast work pace can be hectic.

Advice to Management

Realize that the pharmacy is the backbone of Walgreens and contribute as much as you can to help your pharmacy keep patients safe and happy.

2. "Sticking it out, but prospects look worse every day"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant Manager in Sayreville, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant Manager in Sayreville, NJ

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, many great employees. Very ,very good pay from the store manager up. They are very good about giving days off for holidays and special religious celebrations, even when they fall during a busy time of the year. Put in a lot of hours when salaried, but its nice because i can come in before my shift and leave on time or come in on time and leave a bit late. At my discretion.

Cons

Terrible pay for everyone beneath the store manager. Disconnect between corporate and the employees in the store. They spent money in the store in all the wrong spots. Some stores have no heat or air in the stockroom I have worked for Walgreens for over 8 years now, and they are very political in how they promote. Store currently in someone was promoted who did not meet the company specified requirements because review score was too low when i looked at it, but the store manager forced promotion through anyway because they would hang out together after work. A different manager did not pull his weight and it took a long time before he finally quit when he realized we were never going to promote him.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the employees have to say. Treat everyone fair across the board. Should make it easier to get rid of dead weight