Walgreens - Not the company I got hired by. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Not the company I got hired by."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to have a lot of "pros". Now it's mostly "cons". There are a lot of good people working there.

Cons

The company is rewiring positions. Essentially one management position is being eliminated, and another is taking it's place. That position,Shift Floor Lead (SFL) does the same job as the MGT, but is paid significantly less. The position of Executive Assistant is now re-named Assistant Store Manager(ASM) and there are Assistant Manager Trainees (ASM-T). Many good MGT's are being asked to step down, while weaker, inexperienced people are being hired and rushed through to ASM-T positions. On top of all these changes, the company is starting to lose really good Store Managers. People that have been around for a long time, and have done a lot of good thing for the company. I know of three that left, who had a combined 50 years of experience. Yet, corporate seems to ignore this. Alloted hours for stores are constantly being cut, pharmacy runs short on hours, and front store needs to help out. Then we are reprimanded for not having projects completed. There used to be good teamwork within districts, now not so much. People in corporate seem to think all of our customers just want to hear slogans and that will keep them coming back.

Advice to Management

There is more to life that stock price. Yes $60 a share is nice, but what about the quality of your employee's life.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Salary"

Current Employee - Beauty Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Beauty Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work, good place to work

Cons

the pay could be better

"Unrealistic Team Goals"

Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist
    Former Employee - Certified Photo Specialist

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn necessary communication skills for the retail industry. Also great opportunities to meet new people in the community and to make friends with coworkers.

Cons

Corporate set goals for individual stores are unrealistic, ie: unloading shipment and restocking the entire store in less than ten hours. I constantly felt rushed and behind in my work even though I feel that I put more effort into my job than most people would.

Advice to Management

Allow for more time or more employees to reach realistic goals.