Walgreens - It is a fulfilling work place for me as serve customers and colleagues. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"It is a fulfilling work place for me as serve customers and colleagues."

Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Shift Lead in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is room for growth if you are willing to work, follow policies and are coachable. If you are committed to your work, you shall reap the benefits thereof.

Cons

Getting the store in the perfect condition I would like it to be such as having all merchandise on the floor if they are available in the stockroom.

Advice to Management

Longer training days before leaving staff to be on their own. There should be a detailed itemized least of the atreas for training and each should be checked off with the staff in training as he or she confirms that they have been trained in that area.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Getting more sophisticated and less homey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Even in the midst of transition, there is still a strong sense of community and loyalty among employees. Co-workers collaborate well and support each other.

Cons

In transition from a "family company" to a nameless faceless corporation. Used to be a place where people built a career, now a place where people add a notch to their resume and move on. This is the way of the world, though.

Advice to Management

Stop following the shiny ball and start to focus. This is getting better but needs continued improvement. When focused, be decisive and take action. Too much time is spent dabbling with fits of stops and starts.

2. "Good pay, long hours, great retail experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Olympia, WA

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For management the pay is good, for cashiers, only min. wage.Excellent retail experience.

Cons

long hours, long commute, they will send you to other stores all the time, you will never stay in one store for very long, they like to move you around alot.

Advice to Management

Most of the store managers I worked under ( 6 of them ) were rude. One of them I worked for was removed from one store due to sexual harrassment issues with several of the female workers, he was the worst, they should of fired him instead of sending him to our store. It was a good stepping stone for a better job, would I go back??? Maybe, all retail jobs can be hard.