Walgreens - walgreens is a changed company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"walgreens is a changed company"

Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Was Assistant Manager (MGT) Now SFL in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

walgreens is a great place to work if you like fast pace environment and are good at customer service.

Cons

walgreens has gone through a couple of years of reorganization which has not benefit us managers. they have eliminated some core positions including MGTs making a good portion of us step down to be only key holders and taking a BIG pay cut and being caped on that salary

Advice to Management

walgreens has all ways been a good employer but the changes really show that we are now just a number. its all about revenue now. Having positions that are suppose to be non-management with low-caped pay is not right these key holders do to do manager duties on a daily bases and should be payed much more than they do particularly when a good standing employee with 10 years plus is effected by it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Avoid avoid"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology is one the best in the industry, some management can be helpful at times,

Cons

Extremely stressful, no breaks, no help, long lines with minimal to no help. Pharmacy has definitely changed for the worse

2. "Scary outlook"

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive. It's nice when you get a chance to take care of your customers.

Cons

The company does not care one but about their employees. The district I work for just laid off 90 pharmacy technicians! Some had been working for the company more than 15 years. This was a result of corporate deciding to stop accepting a couple medicaid insurances that made up about half of our clientele. I was one of the lucky ones that kept my job but was forced to take a reduction in hours so I'll be bringing home about 30% less. What kind of company cuts it's workers like this after they devote 10 years of their lives while the stock price skyrockets? I'm currently looking for another job. Nobody is safe working for Walgreens.

Advice to Management

Your greed will eventually kill this company. I have no doubt. I understand that there are more people desperate for jobs these days but you are losing great employees that know what they are doing.