Walgreens - Good Benefits, Ok pay, No personal Life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

"Good Benefits, Ok pay, No personal Life"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)
Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok Pay and Good Benefits.

Cons

Have to work all hours. Weekends ,Nights, Overnights and Holidays

Advice to Management

You should remember that everyone deserves to have time off during holidays to spend time with their family.

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

1. "Awesomme Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Sun Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Sun Prairie, WI

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers are always willing to help you achieve your goals involving your job at the company. Whether that would be preparing to take on more responsibilities at the workplace, or even looking to get trained and to discuss whether or not you qualify to apply for a promotion in the company.

Cons

The office culture is very open and welcoming to all new employees. Also, the company recently took on a Paid Time Off Policy, or PTO as we call it. Plus, the company offers a wide variety of benefits ranging from different types of medical insurance to to flexible spending account, or FSA as it is called here in the company. Plus there is a employee program that allows you to get discounted prices or rates on things like cell phone plans or hotel stays while on vacation.

2. "Company has friendly people but terrible management."

Former Employee - Service Clerk
    Former Employee - Service Clerk

I worked at Walgreens part-time

Pros

The people at Walgreens are pretty cool both the customers and co-workers and there are people you can relate to and get to know. The environment is positive and encouraging and you really feel like part of a team. You make friends that you will have for a lifetime.

Cons

I have made some mistakes at Walgreens and I admitted to them whether I should or not. I worked for the company for four years and was never once given a promotion or raise. I did actually get a 25 cent raise once. I was the hardest worker at my store and I helped bring the team together by making friends with everyone. Their "Open Door Policy" is complete BS and not what it claims to be. I had a couple managers at my store who trained me on the register and then wouldn't let me do it for absolutely no reason. Then I found out that one manager had been making false accusations about me because she didn't like me and wanted to get me fired. These particular managers are lazy and don't even do their own jobs right. Then the people higher up agree with them over me. I was fired for being threatening when all I did was tell the truth! And they took it to the legal department and now I'm not allowed in any Walgreens store ever again. Why? I didn't physically threaten anyone. The company protects it's interests and agenda and the corporate people get away with anything. They make life miserable for the people who work hard while they sit in an office all day and issue threats.

Advice to Management

The turn over rate at Walgreens stores seems out of control. More regulation over what managers do and say needs to be implemented. A Store Manager usually has a huge impact on the overall satisfaction and environment in a store. One of my Store Managers was so bad that people talked about her behind her back. They stopped showing up for work and a lot of them were fired for no reason. It made working there absolutely unbearable. I have friends who used to work there who feel the same way. Please promote the people who actually do the work. Alliances or allegiances should not exist in the workplace. It just makes Walgreens look bad. I have seen that some of the employees that get promoted are actually very mean to customers. And yet those are the people getting Employee Of The Month! Please Walgreens stop with the nonsense. I am happy to say I will not be shopping there anymore.